1. How did your interest in photography begin?
I first became interested in photography in 2012 when i decided to purchase my first DSLR camera. My intention was to capture some images of my family as they began to grow but I soon realised that capturing images of other things was just as fun. I started to look at other photographers images and wondered how they captured creative images so embarked on a journey to find out. This journey soon turned in to a passion.
2. What genres of photography are you more interested in?
Over the years my interests and tastes in photography have changed. At first i was drawn to very colourful images such as graffiti and light painting probably because my early images were so flat and uninteresting. 5 years later...I am drawn to black & white, especially portraits and street photography.
3. What has been the highlight of your photographic journey?
The increase in confidence is one highlight that springs to mind. Joining MMPS and having the support of fellow photographers as well as entering images into competitions and winning has all contributed to the boost in confidence. Several years ago i would never have had the confidence to display my images in an exhibition or enter them into some high profile competitions.
4. Who has been an inspiration to you in your photography?
Too many to mention! But if i have to...
1. Janet Haynes - Purely for her creativeness in composite images. This inspired me to release the creativeness in me.
2. Shamaila Burhan - For her passion to document 'real life' through the medium of photography.
3. Kevin Pilz - For his style and pure love of street photography in a country where it is illegal to photograph people in the street. He has adapted his style in such a way that he can continue to capture amazing images legally.
5. What are your aspirations for the future?
I would love to achieve a distinction in photography. With no real official training as such it would be a huge achievement and something to be very proud of. I am currently looking to apply for my CPAGB in April 2018.
Becoming a full time photographer is also a dream of mine so i will continue to work towards that.