1. How did your interest in photography begin?
My interest in photography started at an early age, my uncle was a professional photographer and my dad had an interest in photography. When I was about 11 my Dad put a roll of film in his Zeiss Ikon camera and gave it to me and said go take some pictures. My first camera was a 35mm Russian “Leica” copy.
2. What genres of photography are you more interested in?
I am interested mainly in landscapes and the drama of black and white photography.
3. What has been the highlight of your photographic journey?
In the darkroom, developing film and seeing your images appearing for the first time.
4. Who has been an inspiration to you in your photography?
At art college I became aware of photographers such as Man Ray and Henri Cartier-Bresson and have greatly admired the work of Don McCullin, Bill Brandt and Robert Capa.
5. What are your aspirations for the future?
To take the time to see and capture photos that I might otherwise have missed